I have a higher and grander expectation of life than average and everyday, but I am a realist and understand that life is 90% mediocre and 10% amazing; I can lie to myself, living as ignorance is bliss, but Instead, I choose to enjoy every bit grand or low.
-- Softhearted
A Single, MSW Student, & Self-confessed hardhead (1986 - ?)

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Scam of the Day : Contact Mr. Benson Smack


Every day, My email inbox receives several emails very similar to this one. Almost with melancholy repetition each day I delete them. Click...Click...Click...Yet, occasionally curiosity gets the best of me, just to see what is out there. Does it really ever work? I mean it has to right? Why would people do it? For the Scammers they should be eternally shamed for tapping into the sympathies of people...but really who is to blame...the greed of the Scammer or the Scammee...

I don't understand the psychology of someone who would fall for emails like this. Money is not free! You can't win lotteries if you don't buy tickets! Money doesn't fall from the sky into your pocket! IF someone asks you to cash a check of large amount of money for them...don't do it...it has to be illegal! Rich eccentric relatives don't leave you millions? Most importantly, people who are dying of cancer...or any fatal disease don't pick some total stranger to inherit all there money!

Right away one should ask three questions: 1. Who is sending me this email...do I know them...is it reputable? 2. How was I picked to receive this email? 3. How much money is involved? All of these emails are bad grammatically, thematically and logically. They contain several misspellings, common mistakes of English is your second language speakers, foreign nationalities and weird stories.

Now, to convince me that I had won millions I would expect phone calls, professional emails and correct spellings....How about you? Would you fall for this?----Scam of the Day

My Dear Friend:

Due to your effort, sincerity, courage and trust worthiness you showed at the course of the Uk Online Lotto winning cheque shipment to your location,I want to compensate you and show my gratitude to you with the sum of$750,000USD (Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand United States Dollars) I have authorized the finance house where I deposited the money to issue you international certified bank draft cashable at your bank.My dear winner,I will like you to contact the CEO in charge of the finance house for the collection of this international certified bank draft.

The name of the Person with your Cheque is MR. BENSON SMACK COMPENSATION AND FINANCE HOUSE HEAD OFFICE CONTACT AGENT MR. BENSON SMACK

CONTACT TELEPHONE NO: +234-708-858-2922



At the moment, I am very busy in Sydney because of the investment projects which myself and my new partner Mr. Peter Hills of CTL Express Delivery Company are having at hand. Finally, remember that I have forwarded instruction to MR. BENSON SMACK at the finance house on your behalf to end the bank draft to you as soon as you contact him without delay.Please I will like you to accept this token with good faith as this is from the bottom of my heart. Thanks and God bless you and your family.

Hope to hear from you soon.My sincere advice to you as a christian is that you should endeavour to pay your tithe to a bible believing church when you get the money because noticed it as a fudiciary agent that you were skeptical about your winnings when you ere been ask by the Uk lotto Agency Inc to file out aclaim for your prize. And now the current policy of the Lotto organiser is that if an emerged winner fails to claim up his/her winning cheque of any amount it's now mandatory that this fund can be remitted or forfeited to the fudiciary agent in charge of this winners file.However, I want you to contact him immediately as soon as you receive this information because he is leaving for the US by the end of this month and this might cost a delayment for you to receive this draft.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr Agric Michael

1 comment:

flyingmom18 said...

here is another e-mail for rev Benson Samck:
revbenson48@yahoo.com.hk