I have a higher and grander expectation of life than average and everyday, but I am a realist and understand that life is 90% mediocre and 10% amazing; I can lie to myself, living as ignorance is bliss, but Instead, I choose to enjoy every bit grand or low.
-- Softhearted
A Single, MSW Student, & Self-confessed hardhead (1986 - ?)

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Garbage Revolution...


If your questioning individual like myself you often ask why when faced with the numerous wierd and annoying habits and happenings in your world...maybe you can empathesize with...I recently received a letter in the mail from Waste Management the company who hauls the garbage in my neighborhood...the letter nicely stated "Dear Ma'am or Sir..." and continued with a chorus of we are going to raise your waste collection rates by 20 dollars. There goes my Starbucks money!

This is outrageous...it can't possibly cost them 20 dollars more to collect my garbage than it use to...can it? The most hilarious part was still to come with the end of the letter.... this devilish proposition listed a greivance process in which we could object to the increase in rates. The letter suggested we raise a petition and goto the City Council Meeting.

So...at this personal challenge...the civil activist in me started a peition and am planning on galvinizing my neighborhood into a hotbed of revolutionaries...My comrades in arms and I will storm the council meeting and atest to the higher rates.

If this doesn't work...I will just cancel my service and that could...be a very huge stinky problem.

Wish me luck Cyberspace!

No comments: