I have a higher and grander expectation of life than average and everyday, but I am a realist and understand that life is 90% mediocre and 10% amazing; I can lie to myself, living as ignorance is bliss, but Instead, I choose to enjoy every bit grand or low.
-- Softhearted
A Single, MSW Student, & Self-confessed hardhead (1986 - ?)

Thursday, February 14, 2008


I have always questioned the authority of this holiday. My main complaints are:
1. Its about buying presents for a sweetheart
2. Its alienating to those of us without a sweetheart
3. Its named after St. Valentine, to celebrate his martyrdom.
4. The Valentine's day Massacre...(this needs no clarification).

Yet, I still make homemade Valentines and give them out to my Grandma, who gives me a small box of sweethearts...Am I a hyprocrite? If I am, I enjoy it. I may not be successful in romance. Goodnight Cyberspace! Love is such a precarious thing. Be careful in love, be righteous in love, and most of all never give up.

No comments: