I have a higher and grander expectation of life than average and everyday, but I am a realist and understand that life is 90% mediocre and 10% amazing; I can lie to myself, living as ignorance is bliss, but Instead, I choose to enjoy every bit grand or low.
-- Softhearted
A Single, MSW Student, & Self-confessed hardhead (1986 - ?)

Friday, November 23, 2007

Celebrate!

Celebrate as often and as much as possible. Do so with love, joy, sadness in times that are tough, in times of excess. Do so with a heart overpowering with emotion or with a heart hardened by the daily grind. Many cultures around the world have parties where they give away everything they have such as the Potlatch of numerous Northeastern tribes and Aleutians and Inuit. You give until it hurts and then you give more. I wonder if any body in America would be willing to throw a birthday party and instead of getting gifts they give gifts to their mother, father, friends and family for coming. I say start a new custom...give a reverse party!

No comments: