I have a higher and grander expectation of life than average and everyday, but I am a realist and understand that life is 90% mediocre and 10% amazing; I can lie to myself, living as ignorance is bliss, but Instead, I choose to enjoy every bit grand or low.
-- Softhearted
A Single, MSW Student, & Self-confessed hardhead (1986 - ?)

Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Family Body

Backbone: My Grandfather has never backed down from truth in his entire life. He represents everything I want to embody in my life integrity, strength, and confidence. He came from a humble background and worked for every cent he ever made. His strength daunting holding his family together through thick and thin. In him I see direction and integrity. Arms: My Father, the arms works until he can barely stand all to help his family. His arms reach out to pick up one of us if we fall, fix a flat tire , drive 45 miles to help a friend in need, work late every night in order to make enough money to send his daughters through school, or remodel his home to make room for relatives that are down and out. My Father is a true lover of mankind, he looks beyond himself and gives it all away. Heart: My Mother, the heart of our family is compassionate, loving and selfless. She has gets up at 5 am for everyday to make us all breakfast and see us off in the morning. She transform some of her dreams and wishes from big houses and cars to teddy bears and books to raise her children. Giving up new clothes, diamonds, and shiny cars to make sure that each of us had food and shoes . Always listening and pulling you into her arms with words of encouragement. She isn't a housewife or a failure because she isn't a successful business woman, she is a Mother. She is the most successful person I know. Giving all to her family asking for nothing in return. Running a household making the budget work, washing, cooking and still she smiles. If that isn't success, then what is. If I have one aspiration in life it is to be like them if only half of what they have taught me. To have a backbone of integrity, arms that reach to help all those that need it, and a heart that is open .

No comments: