I have a higher and grander expectation of life than average and everyday, but I am a realist and understand that life is 90% mediocre and 10% amazing; I can lie to myself, living as ignorance is bliss, but Instead, I choose to enjoy every bit grand or low.
-- Softhearted
A Single, MSW Student, & Self-confessed hardhead (1986 - ?)

Saturday, August 18, 2007

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Find out what it means to me....Respect means looking into the eyes of another person and seeing more than the clothes they are wearing, their net worth, skin color, weight, but looking deep for qualities that are inherently good. It means realizing that every living thing deserves respect, because it lives. It means recognizing that we are only human due to the humanness of others, ubuntu. In a world filled with rudeness, intolerance, hatred and disgust there are three people that I respect because they recognize humanity. My Mother, My Father and My Grandfather. They aren't rich, they don't have their names written in the newspaper or own expensive properties they work their hands to the bone. My Grandfather is the backbone of the family body, My Father the arms and My Mother the heart.

No comments: