I have a higher and grander expectation of life than average and everyday, but I am a realist and understand that life is 90% mediocre and 10% amazing; I can lie to myself, living as ignorance is bliss, but Instead, I choose to enjoy every bit grand or low.
-- Softhearted
A Single, MSW Student, & Self-confessed hardhead (1986 - ?)

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sense and Sensitivity

To start the blog or not to start that is the question. I have never written a blog before, I am unsure how I should start. I was just thinking as I was trying to watch a nature show on tv and I am bombarded with tons of commercials of celebrities. I ask who cares about Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lowhan...or whatever her name is....or any of the rest. They are normal people just like us who have fame and fortune. Tell me what makes them so great that they can influence what people wear, eat, talk about, donate money to? Celebrities seem to me to be some of the stupidest people on earth...don't even get me started on professional athletes. I mean who doesn't enjoy a good game...but is it worth millions of dollars an athletes? NO WAY, teachers, janitors, food service workers aren't they worth more than Gwen stefani and Madonna? Answer this: Is Britney Speares shaving her head more important than genocide, cruelty, starvation and death? I sure hope not, I don't want to live in a world where ipods and iphones mean more than the life of a child.

1 comment:

apple^lipsis said...

i totally agree. lets just ignore celebs from now on. like your blog by the way.