I have a higher and grander expectation of life than average and everyday, but I am a realist and understand that life is 90% mediocre and 10% amazing; I can lie to myself, living as ignorance is bliss, but Instead, I choose to enjoy every bit grand or low.
-- Softhearted
A Single, MSW Student, & Self-confessed hardhead (1986 - ?)

Monday, September 10, 2007

50 First Days!

The title is only a reflection of a friendly recommendation gone wrong. Frankly, I hate Adam Sandler. I find his humor frequently obscene, x-rated and prejudice. One night a friend invited me to watch 50 first dates, I had no idea he was one of the stars or I would have made up a creative excuse. Forgive me! Friend accuse me of being a prude, stuffed shirt and in the most extreme cases an old lady, they may be right. Yet, I'd like to think of myself as appreciating culture, tact and genuine entertainment. Decide for yourself: my last movie rentals were "over the hedge" "the ghost and Mrs Muir" and Vincent Price's "House on Haunted Hill", the last horror movie made this in the last 7 years I have watched was the new "House on Haunted Hill" I still have nightmares, I get recommendations of books and movies from my Grandparents. Really, Life is about enjoyment, don't feel your mind or your time with disturbing horrific images look for truth, dignity and worth. Any way this is sort of a disjointed blog post....I just have a few thoughts and worries to mull over. I realized that unlike in grammar school, middle school, junior high, and high school where you only have one first day for the whole year, In college you have several first days depending on your course load. I have 4 first days, that is so unfair. 4 new professors, 4 new groups of students. Its quite exciting, but nerve racking. I worry that I have taken too many hard classes together or managed to get a professor with a chip on his or her shoulder. My biggest problem is I worry...Well....that is enough worrying tonight...its off to Irish history tomorrow morning. Give me a speedy commute with safety, Hot coffee, nutritious breakfast and intelligent stimuli. Goodnight Cyberspace...hope that tomorrow I have better things to add to the mix.

No comments: