I have a higher and grander expectation of life than average and everyday, but I am a realist and understand that life is 90% mediocre and 10% amazing; I can lie to myself, living as ignorance is bliss, but Instead, I choose to enjoy every bit grand or low.
-- Softhearted
A Single, MSW Student, & Self-confessed hardhead (1986 - ?)

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Back to the Grindstone....Maybe


I can't believe it! The time flies by...consistency is only a myth. Everything thing is temporal and impermanent...ask the Buddha. Nearly 2 weeks since I last posted...that might be an exaggeration. Life keeps running marathons, I am just trying to keep up. I hate running...I am ragged. School and work all week, then trips on the weekend. Not that I am complaining, I do it to myself. I don't have the money to go on trips, yet I plan them anyway as cheaply as possible.Convincing myself that I am broadening my horizon, beautifying my mind, opening the my eyes to a world beyond the self and occasionally relaxing. What I can't stop are these thoughts: Work....homework...money...life....ahhhhhhhhhhhh... I cut back my hours when school started, money became scarce...so I picked up a few hours. That sorta defies the purpose of cutting back on hours. Have you ever felt like the weasel in the song Pop goes the Weasel : "Round and Round the mulberry bush, pop goes the weasel" I am the weasel and I am being chased by Life...hmmm...no really, I am finally starting to get adjusted to the high pace....give me strength. Besides the hard work, frustrations and worries that go along with life, a few good things have happened: I've finished three really good books.

The Great Irish Potato Famine by James Donnelly,
Gods, Graves, and Scholars by C. W. Ceram, and
The Burning of Bridget Cleary by Angela Bourke.
I recommend these books to anyone interested in history and the past. They are quite engaging, well written and not at all the usual snore.

It's funny though...I've barely kept up with the reading in my University classes....whew! You wouldn't believe the extreme load. I must be gaining a reputation in the University two students came up to me in class and asked me to take notes for them....who do they think I am? Really, I can barely translate my own notes....I couldn't refuse...but I'm afraid they will be terrible disappointed at the results! Wish me luck! Hope to write again soon, maybe about something a little more engaging...Goodnight Cyberspace

1 comment:

Don't waste your breath said...

yes i know it is soooo nice. heres the thing: after hearing all his reasons why he broke up with me, i realized how i deserved sooooooooo much better than him. i deserve someone who doesnt give up, who tries, who loves me for who I am. Who respects my values. I don't even know why I wasted my time. Hell, at least I'm not wasting my time anymore. You the craziest thing? I don't even feel the slightest bit sad. I feel happy that I just broke up with the first guy I ever truly loved. Because, thank GOD, he is NOT gonna be the last!!!!! :) I don't even feel lonely...not like he was ever here with me anyway. (Long distant) . LOL i'm giddy right now just thinking im single and free!!!! and i love the chai tea from starbucks OMG! amazing yum