I have a higher and grander expectation of life than average and everyday, but I am a realist and understand that life is 90% mediocre and 10% amazing; I can lie to myself, living as ignorance is bliss, but Instead, I choose to enjoy every bit grand or low.
-- Softhearted
A Single, MSW Student, & Self-confessed hardhead (1986 - ?)

Sunday, September 9, 2007

1st Day Of School


Like a blank page, the new school year starts...with felt tipped colored markers for notes to keep the mind awake, colored folders for classes so papers don't take trips and notebooks for more notes so the notes stay together for the long haul. Tomorrow marks the first day of my last year of my Bachelor degree. Its somewhat disturbing and liberating at the same time. I have worked so hard to reach this point, yet I am waiting for something to go wrong. Some requirement forgotten, some class misplaced, money not paid, papers missing signatures. The anxiety of the last year rivals that I felt the first year. I wonder if....I have planned, saved and done all that needs to be done. I pray that I have, this last year will be the hardest, squeezing in the last general education, checking transcripts, grad checks, getting approval for AP Exams. I pray that I find refuge from the stress that I feel now. Uniquely I am very excited over the prospect of Irish History, Religion and Moral Choice, Archeology, and Profiling Violence....Powers above, give me strength and fortitude to continue and succeed. Goodnight cyberspace, I want to be rested for my early morning commute of an hour. Give me one morning of no traffic, hot Starbucks Nonfat 1 pump mocha, extra shot and a 7-grain bran muffin....Welcome the Fall, a new school year begins...only 1 month till my 21st birthday!

2 comments:

Don't waste your breath said...

so get on that list! lol

that is so awesome i would be so eager to be done with my degree...and almost 21 ...wahoo!!!! ...your legal! hahaha almost

Don't waste your breath said...

YOU GAVE ME PERMISSION TO COME AND YELL HERE AND NOW IS A TIME I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED TO REALLY REALLY JUST YELL OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I AM CRASHING FALLING DYING ASHHHHHHHHHHHHH ... YOU KNOW IF MY PARENTS BOUGHT ME THAT PUNCHING BAG FOR CHRISTMAS 3 YEARS AGO MAYBE I WOULDNT BE HAVING THESE PROBLEMS RIGHT NOW?!@?!@?@?